Having worked in construction for many years, we were afforded a head start when it came to practicing construction law. We've represented virtually every trade and have done so in a great number of matters. Whether you need help with litigation, transactions, or just some consulting, our experience in this field assures that we can handle your situation effectively. Some examples of our experience in construction-related matters follow.
- Construction defect litigation - representing plaintiffs, general contractors, developers, subcontractors and suppliers
- Preparation of statute-compliant contracts for licensed contractors
- Negotiation of contracts on behalf of general contractors, subcontractors, developers, architects, owners, etc.
- Assistance in obtaining license from California Contractors State License Board
- Assistance in transferring contractor’s license from one business form to another
- Litigation against general contractor for abandonment (and against GC’s bond)
- Litigation against general contractor for substandard work (and against GC’s bond)
- Preparation and recordation of mechanics liens
- Litigation to foreclose on mechanics liens
- Litigation against homeowners and contractors to collect fees on behalf of expert witness
- Filing and prosecution of bad faith lawsuits